Why Go to a Pediatric Dentist Instead of a General DentistNapa, CA
While a General Dentist will help a child receive the necessary dental care, it will not be as beneficial or specific as a Pediatric Dentist. One major difference between a General and Pediatric Dentist is that a Pediatric Dentist goes through specialized training to treat dental issues within infants, children and patients in their early teens. After completing the typical four-year dental school program, a Pediatric Dentist then completes two more years of residency training to gain the title of a Pediatric Dentist
The type of issues an endodontist treats
- A pediatric dentist can safely provide an accurate and harmless examination of an infant’s first tooth. Since baby teeth begin to grow as early as 1 year of age, it is crucial for a pediatric dentist to ensure that the teeth grow in properly. A Pediatric Dentist will know best and the earlier a parent’s visits the dentist for their child, the better. Call us to see when the best time to schedule a checkup is.
- Parents may understand that certain foods affect a child’s dental health, but may be unaware that pacifier use and thumb sucking can also negatively affect a child’s teeth. A pediatric dentist can help to guide parents on breaking these habits with their child at the right time.
- When it comes to the actual visit, a pediatric dentist can provide a comfortable and child-friendly atmosphere.
- Since children are still developing their teeth, oral hygiene will differ for each child based on the age. A pediatric dentist can go over the best and healthiest oral hygiene technique for the child. Children should not use the same fluoride toothpaste that adults use and will need a gentle tooth brush.
- Pediatric dentists use specifically-designed tools for children’s dental care. Along with creating a comfortable atmosphere for children, pediatric dentists understand that children are not full-grown adults and need different treatment methods than adults.
Along with providing proper dental care, Dr. David Suttie Dentistry For Children strives to help the child build a healthy relationship with dental checkups and oral hygiene techniques. The goal is to educate the parent and child on proper dental hygiene in a fun atmosphere. Instead of judging and lecturing a patient, Dr. David Suttie Dentistry For Children spends more time educating the patient.
By creating a positive atmosphere in the dental office, the hope is that the child will feel more comfortable with the aspect of returning for another visit. Dr. David Suttie Dentistry For Children can take care of the patient as necessary, parents need to help the child with dental hygiene at home. By working together we can help ensure that the child receives the necessary care.
Check out what others are saying about our pediatric dental services on Yelp: Why Go to a Pediatric Dentist Instead of a General Dentist Napa
Back to top of Why Go to a Pediatric Dentist Instead of a General Dentist
Cosmetic dentistry for children focuses on addressing issues that affect the way that their teeth look. These treatments are used to fix various imperfections, like gaps between teeth, stains, and alignment issues. Children can start getting cosmetic dental treatments by the time they reach the age of seven.Cosmetic dentistry is rarely needed for baby teeth,…
Learning more about why a pediatric dentist is beneficial for your child is a great idea. Pediatric dentists are dental professionals who not only treat infants, children, adolescents and those who have special needs, but this type of dental professional is also more than willing to educate patients and parents on a wide variety of…
A children's root canal is typically recommended if a child has a tooth with a compromised pulp or nerves. It is normal for parents to wonder why the treatment is needed since the kid's baby teeth will all eventually fall out, but baby teeth actually serve many purposes, making it essential to save them until…
Wondering whether your child will benefit from pediatric dentistry services? It is essential for parents to make the right choice of dentist for their children, as taking care of a child’s dental health is just as important as taking care of an adult’s dental health. The health of a child’s first set of teeth helps…