Helpful Dental InformationNapa, CA
At Dr. David Suttie Dentistry For Children, we are passionate about oral health and ensuring that our Napa, CA patients have the resources they need to maintain healthy teeth for a lifetime. As a rule of thumb, this demands ongoing preventative dental care. Having children maintain healthy teeth also requires education, to help them become aware of the dental solutions and what they can do to stay healthy at home. Here, we have provided some helpful dental information on oral health. We encourage you to find the section you are interested in and read more details on our website. If you have further questions, call our pediatric dental office at (707) 887-5072.
- Dental Anxiety
- Dental anxiety impacts millions of people. If your child is afraid of visiting the dentist or has extreme anxiety when it is time to visit the dentist, let us know. There are sedation options that can help your child to relax, and medication that can keep your child comfortable during the entire procedure.
- Options for Replacing Missing Teeth
- If your child has lost permanent teeth from an accident, you are not alone. Children can lose teeth from various forms of accidents or from poor dental hygiene. Dr. David Suttie Dentistry For Children, can provide your child with a variety of solutions to benefit their oral health.
- Oral Hygiene Basics
- At Dr. David Suttie Dentistry For Children, we are passionate about patient education. We will take the time to show your child how to brush and floss properly, when you visit our dental office. We recommend that your child brushes his or her teeth, two to three times a day using fluoride toothpaste for two minutes at a time. This will help to keep your child’s teeth clean and healthy; when also combined with daily flossing. Your child should still visit our Napa office, for professional teeth cleanings twice per year.
- Preventative Dental Care
- Preventative dental care is vital to maintaining lifelong oral health. When providing patients with helpful dental information, we always recommend regular teeth cleanings, fluoride treatments and dental sealants. These three things can work together to reduce the likelihood of your child developing cavities. At Dr. David Suttie Dentistry For Children, we can create a preventative dental care plan for your family.
Check out what others are saying about our pediatric dental services on Yelp: Helpful Dental Information Napa
Back to top of Helpful Dental Information
Baby dental crown placement is a common treatment performed in pediatric dentistry. While the word "baby" does imply that they are used for infants, these crowns are actually used for baby or primary teeth, whether in a toddler or child who is anywhere from the ages of four to 10 years old.Outlined below are a…
A special needs dentist treats patients with orofacial disorders and physical, mental, developmental, cognitive, emotional, and sensory disabilities. Patients with special needs may encounter difficulties with dental care that are easily missed. The patient may, for instance, find it hard to lay flat in the dental chair. They may need more emotional support during routine…
Pediatric dentists focus primarily on treating toddlers and children. Of course, younger patients have specific needs that adult patients do not have, which is why taking your child to see a pediatric dentist can be incredibly beneficial. They may also provide a more welcoming environment for children.The following is a detailed review of when parents…
Pediatric dentists treat children who still have their baby teeth. Part of ensuring children can prevent oral health concerns at a young age includes teaching patients how to help their children brush and floss daily. This review discusses how parents can care for their child’s baby teeth between visits with their pediatric dentist.Four key tips…