Helpful Dental InformationNapa, CA
At Dr. David Suttie Dentistry For Children, we are passionate about oral health and ensuring that our Napa, CA patients have the resources they need to maintain healthy teeth for a lifetime. As a rule of thumb, this demands ongoing preventative dental care. Having children maintain healthy teeth also requires education, to help them become aware of the dental solutions and what they can do to stay healthy at home. Here, we have provided some helpful dental information on oral health. We encourage you to find the section you are interested in and read more details on our website. If you have further questions, call our pediatric dental office at (707) 887-5072.
- Dental Anxiety
- Dental anxiety impacts millions of people. If your child is afraid of visiting the dentist or has extreme anxiety when it is time to visit the dentist, let us know. There are sedation options that can help your child to relax, and medication that can keep your child comfortable during the entire procedure.
- Options for Replacing Missing Teeth
- If your child has lost permanent teeth from an accident, you are not alone. Children can lose teeth from various forms of accidents or from poor dental hygiene. Dr. David Suttie Dentistry For Children, can provide your child with a variety of solutions to benefit their oral health.
- Oral Hygiene Basics
- At Dr. David Suttie Dentistry For Children, we are passionate about patient education. We will take the time to show your child how to brush and floss properly, when you visit our dental office. We recommend that your child brushes his or her teeth, two to three times a day using fluoride toothpaste for two minutes at a time. This will help to keep your child’s teeth clean and healthy; when also combined with daily flossing. Your child should still visit our Napa office, for professional teeth cleanings twice per year.
- Preventative Dental Care
- Preventative dental care is vital to maintaining lifelong oral health. When providing patients with helpful dental information, we always recommend regular teeth cleanings, fluoride treatments and dental sealants. These three things can work together to reduce the likelihood of your child developing cavities. At Dr. David Suttie Dentistry For Children, we can create a preventative dental care plan for your family.
Check out what others are saying about our pediatric dental services on Yelp: Helpful Dental Information Napa
Back to top of Helpful Dental Information
Cosmetic dentistry for children focuses on addressing issues that affect the way that their teeth look. These treatments are used to fix various imperfections, like gaps between teeth, stains, and alignment issues. Children can start getting cosmetic dental treatments by the time they reach the age of seven.Cosmetic dentistry is rarely needed for baby teeth,…
Learning more about why a pediatric dentist is beneficial for your child is a great idea. Pediatric dentists are dental professionals who not only treat infants, children, adolescents and those who have special needs, but this type of dental professional is also more than willing to educate patients and parents on a wide variety of…
A children's root canal is typically recommended if a child has a tooth with a compromised pulp or nerves. It is normal for parents to wonder why the treatment is needed since the kid's baby teeth will all eventually fall out, but baby teeth actually serve many purposes, making it essential to save them until…
Wondering whether your child will benefit from pediatric dentistry services? It is essential for parents to make the right choice of dentist for their children, as taking care of a child’s dental health is just as important as taking care of an adult’s dental health. The health of a child’s first set of teeth helps…